Office and computing machinery, equipment and supplies except furniture and software packages.
Cork Community Bikes is run by volunteers on a non-profit basis. We opened our do-it-yourself bicycle workshop in Summer 2007 at Cork Foyer for the community to use.
Besides our weekly workshop sessions, we have monthly meetings for the management of the project. Please contact us if you would like to get involved.
With it’s motto in mind the Liffey Trust was founded in 1984 to help potential entrepreneurs and community groups to become established.
We are a voluntary organisation that formed with the conscious decision to finance our activities and develop the Liffey Trust Centre by our own efforts and not with any government help. At the Liffey Trust we are proud of our success in achieving this and becoming financially self-sufficient.
In the past 30 years, we have helped over 200 businesses find their feet creating jobs for over 1,000 people.
The Liffey Trust Services
The Trust has identified the needs of entrepreneurs which were not catered for by the existing help agencies.
It provides the following services nationwide:
- It prepare Business Plans, Feasibility Studies, and Grant Applications, free of charge.
- It advises on ways and means of raising finance to help persons setting up their own business.
- It provides guidance on the way to set up accountancy and control systems for new businesses.
- It provides management consultancy for the first year.
- It provides free marketing consultancy for the first year.
- It provides work space if available in Dublin with reduced rent for new businesses while they are being established.
- We take care of the bureaucratic procedures.
- We help a new business to decide its legal structure; to become registered; to obtain a VAT number; to register for PAYE and PRSI and to obtain sub-contractors numbers
- It provides working space (retail, commercial, Food Kitchens and services accommodation) with reduced rent for new businesses while they are being established.