Food, beverages, tobacco and related products
We also have room rentals for community groups available and bakery goods to order.
We are a vibrant community food co-op committed to providing wholesome, sustainable and affordable food to our members and wider community.
Come and visit us at our shop on Kilmainham Square were you can find the finest organic produce and Dublin’s best range of minimal waste groceries.
Or check out our click and collective service on our website.
Join up as a member to get access to member benefits and get a say in how our food democracy is run.
The Green Kitchen is a Social Enterprise that partners with WALK. It consists of a café, a garden centre and a training room. It prides itself on its tasty, nutritious, home-cooked foods and serves coffee from the award winning coffee roasters, Bell Lane Coffee.
The café has a relaxed, community atmosphere and the staff team really like to get to know their customers! The cafe support and train a number of people who have disabilities. Many of these people go on to secure paid employment and have gained new confidence in themselves and their abilities.
The Green Garden is a relaxing outdoor space outside the back of the Green Kitchen, in Walkinstown Green, Dublin 12.
If you are doing up your own garden why not pop up and get some ideas or speak with some of our horticultural experts who will advise you.
There are many freshly grown items on sale here.
Most importantly, our garden centre offers excellent opportunities for the people we support to become involved in this fantastic community initiative while learning a new skill.
With it’s motto in mind the Liffey Trust was founded in 1984 to help potential entrepreneurs and community groups to become established.
We are a voluntary organisation that formed with the conscious decision to finance our activities and develop the Liffey Trust Centre by our own efforts and not with any government help. At the Liffey Trust we are proud of our success in achieving this and becoming financially self-sufficient.
In the past 30 years, we have helped over 200 businesses find their feet creating jobs for over 1,000 people.
The Liffey Trust Services
The Trust has identified the needs of entrepreneurs which were not catered for by the existing help agencies.
It provides the following services nationwide:
- It prepare Business Plans, Feasibility Studies, and Grant Applications, free of charge.
- It advises on ways and means of raising finance to help persons setting up their own business.
- It provides guidance on the way to set up accountancy and control systems for new businesses.
- It provides management consultancy for the first year.
- It provides free marketing consultancy for the first year.
- It provides work space if available in Dublin with reduced rent for new businesses while they are being established.
- We take care of the bureaucratic procedures.
- We help a new business to decide its legal structure; to become registered; to obtain a VAT number; to register for PAYE and PRSI and to obtain sub-contractors numbers
- It provides working space (retail, commercial, Food Kitchens and services accommodation) with reduced rent for new businesses while they are being established.
Our mission is to support older people to live independently at home within their own communities for as long as possible.
We do this by producing fresh ready meals, which have been designed to meet the particular dietary needs of individuals, and delivering them to people directly at home. All of our meals can be texture modified or fortified for medically related dietary requirements. Of course, our meals are suitable not just for older people, but for those who may need nutritional support such as people recovering from illness or surgery, or those who simply find it difficult to shop and cook for themselves.