With it’s motto in mind the Liffey Trust was founded in 1984 to help potential entrepreneurs and community groups to become established.
We are a voluntary organisation that formed with the conscious decision to finance our activities and develop the Liffey Trust Centre by our own efforts and not with any government help. At the Liffey Trust we are proud of our success in achieving this and becoming financially self-sufficient.
In the past 30 years, we have helped over 200 businesses find their feet creating jobs for over 1,000 people.
The Liffey Trust Services
The Trust has identified the needs of entrepreneurs which were not catered for by the existing help agencies.
It provides the following services nationwide:
- It prepare Business Plans, Feasibility Studies, and Grant Applications, free of charge.
- It advises on ways and means of raising finance to help persons setting up their own business.
- It provides guidance on the way to set up accountancy and control systems for new businesses.
- It provides management consultancy for the first year.
- It provides free marketing consultancy for the first year.
- It provides work space if available in Dublin with reduced rent for new businesses while they are being established.
- We take care of the bureaucratic procedures.
- We help a new business to decide its legal structure; to become registered; to obtain a VAT number; to register for PAYE and PRSI and to obtain sub-contractors numbers
- It provides working space (retail, commercial, Food Kitchens and services accommodation) with reduced rent for new businesses while they are being established.
Recycle IT is a community based social enterprise specialising in recycling Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE). Recycle IT will take any electrical items with a plug or a battery. This includes dual purpose business and household appliances like computers, printers, washing machines, dishwashers or fridges. We also take small battery-operated devices like tablets, electric toothbrushes, mobile phones and pocket radios.
Our teams assist householders, resident groups, schools, charities, public bodies, and business organisations to safely recycle all types of electrical, electronic and pure metal items through a combination of free and cost effective recycling services.
So, if you live, work or operate an organisation in Dublin or the surrounding counties and have old, damage or unused electrical, electronic or pure metal equipment for safe recycling please contact Recycle IT.
You can order a cost effective collection of waste electrical and electronic items or metal from your home or business starting at €20.00.
To access lists for items accepted for safe recycling please click here
Stampify is a loyalty app for charity which allows cafe and restaurant customers to donate a meal to a child in the developing world in their place of education with every purchase, with the donation provided by the retailer on their behalf.
For Users: Stampify is a convenient, cashless means of feeding children in the developing world with every single purchase, rather than one redeeming a perk for themselves, like a free coffee or meal, after several purchases.
Please feel free to mention us to your favourite cafe or restaurant!
For Partners: Stampify acts as a corporate social responsibility scheme for partner cafes and restaurants, allowing them to support a great cause in tandem with their customers. It also works out cheaper than a conventional loyalty scheme, as partners do not have to give away a free coffee or meal or lose out on the opportunity of selling an extra one.
Feel free to reach out to us through social media or our website to hear more about the program!
The online charity shop. Browse thousands of gems from charity shops across Ireland. From sustainable fashion to books and jewellery to DVD’s!